Dec 2, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, part 2

"Um Dad, this tree wouldn't fit in our backyard."
"Russ, it's not going in the backyard; it's going in our living room."

This is from one of my favorite christmas movies... it may not be the exact line...but if you know the movie, you know the line.

As previously stated, we went and got our tree this last weekend. We decided that height wasn't an issue because our house has a 20 foot stairwell, and we could always cut it to size when we got home. I was happy with a 10-11 foot tree, but somehow we ended up not trimming it down (brock says that doug tricked/confused him). Once it was up, it didn't look so BIG. Until Brock started stringing lights on it....we had about 5 strands of 100 or less lights on them. Brock told me to get some more...i bought 4 more strands of 100 at Michaels....brought them home. The tree swallowed them in an instant. Brock sent me to Lowes for 4 more boxes of 100. A few minutes passed and he asked for MORE........not wanting to go out again, I bought 6 more. I had to leave to pick up my mom....when I got home, brock was fumming. he burnt a fuse (he had attached all the lights into ONE BIG strand)---i can picture our electrical box turning a mile a minute like christams vacation...trully a griswold moment. On the ground was only 2 boxes of lights left..yes, only 2!!!!! I knew the tree was BIG, but really this big? So, I had to go BACK to Lowes to find a magic cord that Doug told brock about. Found the cord....and had to tackle the lights from the top down...UGh!!!!!!!! We ended up taking off 3 strands of light:) This tree ate up our ENTIRE sunday.....if you know me, sundays are my day to prepare for the upcoming week...i am still playing catch-up...hence, the late posts on the blog---ugh!!!! Anyways, here is a picture of the tree... i had to get it into 2 pictures because it wouldn't fit in one shot...hehehhehe (it's about 14-15 feet tall) ....maybe taller as I look at it. At least our first christmas with Ethan and inour house will always be remembered......Oh, yeah...brock kept complaining of the sap...luckily, he didn't pull my hair with it......LOL!!!!


1 comments:

Sara said...

That is awesome! Your tree looks beautiful!

"Merry Christmas, Holy _ _ _ _!" :)